Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Another birthday means another year closer to the end of this blog

Yes, my next birthday is just over a month away which means everyone is asking me what presents I would like. Sigh. So in order to make everyones life just a little bit easier, here is my birthday wish list.
 


Empire Strikes Back film cell
What is a film cell, I hear you say. It is a single frame of film from a movie - there are 24 frames a second which means a 90 minute film has a gazillion frames (give or take twice the square of the imaginary number i). While I don't mind if it is from a 35mm print or a 70mm print, I am specifically after the above image, namely of Han and Leia watching Luke in the bacta tank... yes, I am a nerd! Apparently this very frame was sold on eBay a few years back (before I was looking for it) and I haven't been able to track it down anywhere. It may exist as part of the 70mm film cell collection or in the Jedi Legacy trading card film cell inserts but I haven't stumbled across it when I have looked on eBay... it could be sitting in that great comic book store in Salem for all I know!
 


Star Wars Storyboards - The Original Trilogy
I said I was a nerd. This book is just about available through any decent bookstore (do any of those still exist?) and is something I wouldn't mind. I won't be all "awesome - its just what I always wanted" but I will be all "cool". Yeah, not really selling this choice am I?
 


4th Doctor's Scarf
Time to change to a different nerd universe - this is something that I have thought about for a while, changing opinion regularly on if it was something I actually wanted to own. As I type this, the answer is yes. While there is an official replica scarf that can be purchased, I am unsure how good it is. I have a friend who is herself a witty little knitter, perhaps she might throw her talents this way...
 


Sonic Screwdrivers
Thanks to my wife for getting me hooked on this one. I never seriously considered collecting these until she bought me Matt Smith's one and I was amazingly blown away by how cool it was to hold it - now I have to get the rest of them :)

Plus don't forget that there are ideas on my Christmas Wish List from a few years ago.

I hope that has helped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment